Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 1, 2009


First full day with glasses. This was on what we in our family call "the birthdays" My husband and my middle son share November 1st as a birthday. And of course being the day after Halloween, we usually have a very active weekend. Although this time I was pretty sick and they had their festivities without me.
Billy is adjusting pretty well to his glasses. He is starting to realize that he does see better in them. I have had to adjust them a couple of times because they were hurting him behind the ears, but it was an easy fix.
He looks handsome in them. It is hard to get used to seeing him wear them. But I am happy that he isn't fighting wearing them or acting sad about having to wear them.
In the pictures he is wearing a brace on his wrist because he had broken his wrist a over a month earlier and he needs to wear the brace for two weeks after the cast was removed.
Billy has voiced concern about how the kids are going to react to him wearing them on Monday. He doesn't want to be laughed at. But after talking to his teacher she said that she knows how to approach it with the kids so that they think it is a cool thing not a funny thing. So, I am comforted about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment